Back to news

League News

Republic lead on goal difference 

  • 26/09/17
  • By Tony Spencer
Football image

Basingstoke & District League Match Reports from Sunday 24th September, By Tony Spencer.

Republic of Chineham won 2-5 at Chineham to go top of the Sunday Division 1 league table, writes Tony Spencer. Chineham’s two goals came after Marvyn White cut the ball back to Jamie Dockree, who took a touch before finishing from 12 yards out, the second scored by Chris Smith on the end of a free-kick from Dan Greenwood. Republic’s goals came from braces by Charlie Harpson and Ashley Elward, to add to a Ben Nicholls’ single.

Bramley United scored twice in the opening fifteen minutes, Scott Kinge after 4 minutes from the edge of the box, then a Colin Bell header. Oakley reduced the deficit to 2-1 after half an hour with a header. In the second half Bramley battled to defend their slender lead, until on 80 mins Kinge converted a penalty, to inflict the first defeat this season on Oakley, 3-1.

Eastrop Eagles took an early 1-0 lead over AFC Soldiers with a Keith Davies tap in 1-3, but were 1-3 down to a Taylor Watts hat-trick, with the visitors playing well. Lee Bush reduced the deficit, then a deep cross by Ben Evans was volleyed in by Bobbi Frost for a draw. Denied victory, this was AFC Soldiers’ first point of the season.

Hampshire Irons also earned their first points, in an 8-1 romp against North Warnborough, who are struggling to get off the mark. Mike Pemberton converted a Rob Mead pass, then Mead scored and Kieran Dent made it 3-0 at half-time. Pemberton scored a second half hat-trick, giving him 4 goals, Jack Waldron added a brace and man of the match Mead got his second. Joe Hayman’s late strike staved off a Boro whitewash.

North Warnborough Reserves were dominant in their Division 2 Match against Shallow End, with Nial Day getting their show on the road after just 50 seconds. Day scored again on 23 minutes for 2-0 after a great cross from Peter Hodgson, and 2 minutes later Boro were awarded a penalty, so Day was asked to take it to complete his hat-trick, so 3-0 at the break. Sam Wells made it 4-0 on 51 minutes, Pete Keens scored a second penalty 5-0, then a bullet header from Hodgson, before Andy Parker scored, Day added his fourth, and Tom Davies came on as substitute and made it a 9-0 clean sweep in the 75th minute.

Nathan Glasgow, Josh Bromley, Chris Rowe and Mikey Davies put UWS comfortably 4-0 ahead and coasting, and Overton United’s reply by Josh Dickens on 80 minutes was far too late to affect the result, 4-1.

Basingstoke Saints staged a fun, open game with Chineham Reserves, and took an early lead with Liam James netting from outside the box. Chineham’s Harry Elliott scored from a free kick before half-time and the game ended in a 1-1 draw.

Chineham Athletic scored twice through Chris Harrison and Lee Morgan, but visitors Camrose Social racked up a baker’s dozen, resulting in a 2-13 win, with the goals from Jamarl Rose, Ben Hobday with a brace, Gareth Slade, Matthew Foreman with 4, Chris Waller hat-trick, Rocky Wyatt and substitute George Upton.

James Hope scored a brace for Kempshott but the hosts lost 2-7 to Team FC. After sustained pressure the first goal came on the half-hour mark with Stu Urquhart’s low finish. Adam Everiss netted a hat-trick, Lee Sappleton scored with a solo effort, and James Tennant’s brace came from a FK into the corner of the net and an unmissable tap-in from four yards out.