Back to news

League News

Match Reports from Sunday 29th March

  • 31/03/15
  • By Tony Spencer
Football image

Everest find Broughton in the ascendancy

FC Everest lost their North Hants Chris Price Cup Final 1-4 against Broughton at New Street Andover.

Republic of Chineham triumphed 1-0 over AFC Wolversdene in the Basingstoke Kelvin Cup Semi Finals.

In the other semi-final, Soldiers Return endured a close fought tussle with Barton Stacey until the very last kick of the game. Barton Stacey took the lead after half an hour and held onto that lead until the interval. Ben Allnutt netted for Soldiers on the break to level the score, but the countdown to extra time was thwarted with Barton Stacey's last kick of the game, which not only brought the bounty of a goal, but took the result to 1-2, and set up a cup final for Barton Stacey against Republic of Chineham. The result ended a magnificent run of seven straight wins for Soldiers Return.

Only one game was played in Division 1, Kaiser Wessex lost 2-5 to Lamb Inn, giving the visitors their second league double in consecutive weeks.

Chineham enjoyed a romp in their Division 2 match against Oakley Reserves, banging ten goals against their visitors without reply. Jesse Harvey scored one, Kirk Smith and Finlay Thompson completed hat-tricks, and Shane West, Dan Greenwood and Kieron Alleyne also put away singles. This was Chineham's league treble over their rivals.

John Urquhart scored an early goal for North Warnborough Two against Hampshire Irons, but the visitors levelled following a breakaway attack, 1-1. The lead was soon restored, 2-1 by Jason Williams, before Andy Parker extended the advantage to 3-1 before the half time break. A strong start in the second half and Hampshire Irons struck twice to level the game at 3-3. However, Jason Williams edged the hosts ahead again at 4-3 and Malcolm Rogers made the game safe on 5-3, before the visitors scored in the final minute, for a 5-4 result.

Aaron Burt netted for AFC Golden Lion in their 1-4 Division 3 home defeat against Chineham Reserves. The away goals came from a brace by Joe Marsh and one apiece from Kyle Buckland and Serge Holland. This was the first league treble by Chineham Reserves and their first away win since October, which was against AFC Golden Lion.

DG Athletic scored once, through Grant Good, before going down 1-6 to Team FC, who are now unbeaten in five games and assured of at least runners-up spot.

After a closely first half an hour, Soldiers Return Reserves conceded a goal direct from a corner, fizzed in by Joe Richardson for Chineham Athletic. Rueben Monterio doubled the lead with the final kick of the first half, 0-2. Soldiers pressed forward during the second half to get back into the match but were hit on the break by Ben Owen's brace. The match ended 0-4 to Chineham Athletic, giving them three away wins on the trot, their best run of the season.