Back to news

League News

Derbot unstoppable for Husaria.

  • 25/10/16
  • By Tony Spencer
Football image

Basingstoke & District Sunday League Match Reports from Sunday 23rd October, By Tony Spencer.

Pawel Derbot scored four goals as Husaria came back from being behind twice in the Basingstoke Kelvin Cup on Sunday. Visitors Affini Technology took an early lead, which Husaria matched, but Affini regained the advantage from the penalty spot. Husaria drew level with a penalty of their own, before scoring two more to establish a 4-2 lead. The visitors pulled one back before the hosts scored twice more to win 6-3. Arkadiusz Beszterda and Maciej Glowacki scored a goal apiece for Husaria.

FC Basing fell a goal behind to visitors SParTEN before Neil King's brace put Basing 2-1 ahead. However, late in the game SParTEN equalised 2-2 and went on to prevail 2-3 after extra time.

Oakley Club de Futbol Albion suffered their first defeat of the season at the hands of visitors Tidworth Town. Through errors at back, Oakley were two goals down after ten and 20 minutes and had no real chance to turn around a 0-3 scoreline by the half-hour mark, as Tidworth bossed that first half. After the break, Oakley played really well and Samie Aldoori scored from a corner kick after being spilled by the keeper. However, the elusive second goal, which could have provided a platform to build on, wouldn’t come, despite continual pressure, and the game fizzled out 1-3 to Tidworth.

Republic of Chineham's passage in the North Hants Senior Cup ended in a 3-4 home defeat on penalties to Trant. The game had finished 3-3 after extra time, with goals from Harry Rudge, Sam Nicholls and Alex Pickering.

DG Athletic played well to hold home side Camrose Social 2-2 after 90 minutes to take the Bernard Cornish Cup Preliminary Round game into extra time, but the hosts nicked a 3-2 result from a Chris Waller free kick. Adam Robinson had scored twice for Camrose, while Rob Perrett managed to net a brace for DG.

Kieron Alleyne and Shane West ensured Chineham victory by 2-1 over Overton United, their eighth straight win. Ashley Shearing netted Overton's consolation goal.

Eastrop Eagles had a goal disallowed for offside as their match with Soldiers Return Reserves ended goalless after extra time. Soldiers celebrated their eighth straight win with a 2-4 result from the penalty shoot-out.

Hampshire Irons were two up against Basingstoke Saints by half-time, with an own goal headed by a defender past his own keeper, and Michael Pemberton strike. Liam James reduced the deficit as Saints controlled the second half but just couldn’t draw level.

RAF Odiham Blades suffered their first defeat of the season, as they went down 1-6 to UWS.

Rising Sun lost 1-6 to North Warnborough Reserves, after the visitors shocked them with a Jack McGee hat-trick in the first 20 minutes. Rising Sun clawed a goal back to 1-3 after 40 minutes, but Peter Hodgson added a coffin nail to make it 1-4 by the interval. Nial Day increased the lead further, to 1-5, but only after missing a penalty by blasting his effort over the bar. Jason Williams finished the game off 1-6 following a very good free kick.

AFC Soldiers were all over the home side Team FC during the first half but were 2-0 down by the break. Matt Southgate and Josh Taylor levelled the match 2-2, both from Taylor Watts' assists, before Taylor Watts was teed up by Tom Green to take the lead, and Green's header at back post, set up by Josh Taylor, finished off a fine 2-4 cup match