Back to news

League News

Leddy leads with 5 as Bramley does a doz

  • 22/11/17
  • By Tony Spencer
Football image

Basingstoke & District League Match Reports from Sunday 19th November, By Tony Spencer.

Bramley United scored a dozen goals against Division 1 rivals AFC Soldiers in the North Hants Senior Cup round 2 with six scored in each half. Stuart Leddy netted five, Scott Kinge a hat-trick. Adam Bartlett a brace, Tim Bartlett and Colin Bell singles. Mersin Webb got the consolation goal for AFC Soldiers.
Eastrop Eagles lost 0-5 to a strong Andover side Nether Wallop.
Basingstoke Saints and SParTEN Reserves were evenly matched in the North Hants Chris Price Cup, with the scores still goalless at the interval Then Josh Eagment on his debut got on the end of a flick on and right foot finished into the net. The visitors soon got on level terms with 15 minutes to go but with only 3 minutes left and charge up the left flank ended in a cross for Scott Beeks to score 2-1 for Saints.
Kempshott won 1-2 away at hosts Vernham Dean, with Jamie Hope getting both Kempshott’s goals.
Dan Cole captained Team FC for the first time as they entertained Shallow End in the cup. Connor McKenzie got the show on the road, completing a first half hat-trick in 35 minutes. The first came from a Jay Stephens’ cross from the right which McKenzie looped beautifully over the keeper’s head from just inside the area; the second off a Shallow End’s defender, which Mckenzie latched onto, took on the last man and slotted in the bottom right corner. Team won a penalty converted by Darren Acott right down the middle. Adam Everiss’ freekick was laid off to McKenzie one touch and fired in from 30 yards. Mark Frost threatened after turning two players and hammering a 35 yard shot off the upright, but Acott found himself free on the right, wrapped his right foot around the ball and found the top corner. Frost broke away, slotting the ball onto Ash Williams, who turned his marker, beat another and slotted into the bottom left corner. Williams turned provider and slotted Mitch Taylor in to roll it past the keeper in the bottom right corner. Stu Urquhart found Taylor free down the right hand side, leaving Taylor with a lot to do but he out-muscled the centre back and netted. Result 9-2 in Team FC’s favour.
Knowles Park Rangers from Winchester were 4-2 up at half-time against UWS, but the hosts went 6-2 up soon after the restart. UWS Fought back to 6-6, but collapsed late in the game to finish 9-6 and out of the cup. Scorers were Ryan Lupton, Chris Bayly, Nathan Glasgow and Jake Gorman with a brace to add to an own goal.
Camrose Social travelled to Sportsman and won 0-6, with George Martin scoring a brace, Dan Willis a single and Matthew Foreman a hat-trick.
Only one league match, in Division 2, where Chineham Reserves were so determined to reverse the result of their previous encounter last week against Chineham Athletic, that they dominated the game and within 15 minutes had a 3-0 lead and Chineham Reserves went on to win 7-1. Scott Berry scored a hat-trick, Harry Elliott a brace, David Williams and Jamie Alloway singles for Chineham Reserves