Back to news

League News

Englefield the man for Oakley

  • 28/09/16
  • By Tony Spencer
Football image

Basingstoke & District Sunday League Match Reports from Sunday 25th September, By Tony Spencer.

Unbeaten Oakley Club de Futbol Albion put in a spirited first half performance against visitors FC Basing to keep a clean sheet by the interval on Sunday. The hosts' back four did well throughout the match, with Myles Englefield winning their Man of The Match award, spending much of the game on his own up front. Oakley went ahead when Samie Aldoori passed to Cian Condon, who converted his effort. However, FC Basing dominated much of the half and Michael Dungate earned the Division 1 side a draw after latching onto a long throw.

Husaria also picked up a point in a 2-2 draw with Affini Technology, the hosts' goals from Szymon Skrzypek and Pawel Derbot.

All three Division 1 games evenly shared the points, with Republic of Chineham drawing 2-2 with Soldiers Return. Joe Hill opened the scoring for the visitors after just two minutes, equalised by Ben Nicholls from a free kick on the half hour mark. The second half was evenly matched, so it wasn't until the last five minutes that Fred Cloke put Soldiers ahead for the first time in the match. However, Sam O’Brien headed home a minute from the end to salvage a result for the hosts.

The Division 2 battle between the leaders ended in a 1-3 win for Chineham, who have opened up a three-point gap over Hampshire Irons. Shane West with a brace and Kieron Alleyne scored for Chineham, while James McIntosh netted for Irons.

Eastrop Eagles claimed all three points at AFC Soldiers after Elliott Forsey opened the scoring, then set up Paul Adams to score, before Forsey netted a long volley. Harry Tuffs made the final score 1-3 with a screamer.

Sean Delfosse scored four as North Warnborough beat Basingstoke Saints 6-2. In reply James Brown scored a brace, one from an Adam Butler pass.

UWS took a first half lead against Bramley United, but the visitors created lots of chances to clear the deficit, which paid off when Adam Bartlett equalized with a shot into the bottom corner. Les Wood's volley gave Bramley the lead and Dean Ridgers the captain made the game safe.​

In Division 3 North Warnborough Reserves had a dream start away at Soldiers Return Reserves, taking a 0-2 lead in the first 30 minutes. However, Mike Sewell, the goal keeper, broke a finger and with no substitutes available had to move outfield with his finger strapped. Tom Hartley reduced the deficit to 1-2 by halftime and in the second half, goals from Matt Kelly, a header by Hartley and George Collins exposed Borough's makeshift keeper's deficiencies to win 5-2, being rewarded by topping the division.

Team FC burst into a 5-0 lead at the break and, although Chineham Reserves pulled three goals back through Scott Berry, Clayton Deakin and Joe Marsh, the hosts prevailed 8-3. Team's goals came from Mick Thomas and Luke Richardson with hat-tricks, Connor McKenzie and Mitchell Taylor the skipper with a long range shot.

Leaders RAF Odiham Blades dropped to third in the table after dropping two points at Overton United. Nuno Franco netted for the hosts and Simon Newman replied for the Blades.

George Graves and Johnie Gurney scored for Rising Sun, but Camrose Social won 2-5 with goals from Aaron Burt, Byron Letch, Alex McKenna, Matt Foreman and a Chris Waller screamer at the end.

DG Athletic lost 1-3 to Chineham Athletic, with Paul Ralf converting a 20-yard shot for the hosts, with the visitors holding the lead 1-2 at halftime and securing the points with a Ben Owen brace and an own goal.