Back to news

League News

Leddy downed Rising Sun (Win)

  • 28/10/17
  • By Tony Spencer
Football image

Basingstoke & District League Match Reports from Sunday 22nd October, By Tony Spencer.

Stuart Leddy netted for Bramley United after only 5 minutes in their North Hants Senior Cup tie against Rising Sun (Winchester) on Sunday. After the visitors equalized, Leddy netted his second before half-time. Rising Sun levelled 2-2 early in the second half, but Leddy completed his hat-trick to restore the lead, Nick Harris stabbed home a corner before Ben Squibb made it 5-2. With 15 minutes to go the visitors pulled another goal back and Bramley had to dig in to win 5-3 and enter the draw for round 2.
Eastrop Eagles saw off Pharmasol Ayrtons 7-2, thanks to four goals from Keith Davies, Kirk Smith, and Nathan Read.
Away at Bishops United, Hampshire Irons opened their account with a Kieran Dent header, but conceded three goals to 3-1. Tom l’Heureux struck from 40 yards to reduce the difference to 3-2 by the interval, but were down to 10 men in the second half, losing 5-2.
Mucky Duck and Chineham ended 4-4 but the hosts triumphed 7-6 on penalties. Chineham’s scorers were Ben Saunders 2, Shane West from 18 yards after a through ball by Ben Saunders, and Kieron Alleyne.
North Warnborough lost 0-8 to SParTEN who dominated the game throughout, the hosts already 0-4 down at the break.
Hedge End Tigers dominated the first half of the North Hants Chris Price Cup without scoring and, although visitors Overton United improved in the second half, they let in two soft goals.
Camrose Social went ahead with the only score in the opening half of their tie at Kings Worthy, from George Upton. Early in the second half Camrose found themselves 3-1 down. Ben Hobday pulled the visitors back to 3-2, Chris Waller leveled and Matthew Foreman hit Camrose‘s winner 3-4.
Team FC won 1-7 away at Lee Filters.
Shallow End beat Chineham Athletic 7-1, Jake Edney getting Athletic‘s consolation.
Chineham Reserves fixture at Sportsman was postponed due to a waterlogged pitch.
Wherwell Royals took an early lead after 5 minutes against visitors UWS, but Simon Head nodded in an equalizer and UWS were 1-2 ahead after Tom Chant set up Ryan Lupton to round the keeper and tap in. Josh Bromley pass was finished by Lupton’s second making it 2-3 at the interval. Mikey Davies added another goal from a Chant pass, and Tyler Shayler netted from 25 yards, Jake Gorman added a brace and Chant also scored. Final score 2-7.
Team FC travelled to Andover in the North Hants Cup. After a very average 20 minutes Team FC eventually took the lead after Connor McKenzie took advantage of a poor spill by the keeper. Team continued to press with Darren Acott going the closest by nipping his powerful header just over the bar.
McKenzie again causing problems down the left as he beat his man and fired into the roof of the net. Adam Everiss stared to find space in the midfield twice smashing Home from 15 yards giving the keeper no chance. Team found another gear as Craig Hine delivered from deep, the ball then getting caught in the wind and took the ball over the keeper from 30 yards.
Best effort of the day goes to Mitch Taylor powering a 35 yard drive just past the top corner, could have been a screamer. Everiss capped a MOM performance with a tidy finish to complete his hatrick.
Soldiers Return fell a goal behind to AFC Soldiers in their Andover Presidents Cup match, but Ben Allnutt equalized, converting a short corner from Stu Cubbage 1-1 and edged 2-1 ahead by half-time. Two more goals followed and, at 4-1, the game looked safe, but a penalty and free kick, the tie ended 4-3. Allnutt, with a brace, Adam Gibson and Fred Cloke scored for the hosts, Charlie Manning, John Spencer and Taylor Watts for AFC Soldiers.
A much weakened Oakley side made a tentative start in their Division 1 match away at Republic of Chineham. Even the hosts rarely troubled Oakley’s stand-in goalkeeper Shaun Dalimore, who usually plays center-back, which resulted in a goalless first half. The second half opened up more and Chineham made the breakthrough, with Wayne Finn bundling the ball in on the rebound from a Dalimore save. Following the goal Oakley finally woke up and started to play their usual free flowing football. The visitors missed several chances before substitute Eddy Lloyd headed in the equalizer from a Jack Mackinnon cross. The last 10 minutes ended with Oakley peppering the Chineham goal but unable to grab the winner.
In Division 2, Ed Quick’s wind-assisted effort drifted over the keeper and scored after 15 seconds to put hosts Kempshott ahead. However, North Warnborough Reserves were level on 15 minutes with a Tom Davies strike and Nial Day made it 1-2 by the break. Andy Parker’s free kick extended the lead 1-3, before Davies on the right crossed for Day to head home his second to ensure victory 1-4.