Back to news

League News

Bramley pips Soldiers thanks to Leddy go

  • 26/09/17
  • By Tony Spencer
Football image

Basingstoke & District League Match Reports from Sunday 17th September, By Tony Spencer.

AFC Soldiers led 2-1 at half-time against Bramley United on Sunday, but four magic strikes from Stuart Leddy and a Nick Harris goal grabbed the Division 1 points in a 4-5 result. Taylor Watts scored a hat-trick and James Belam netted a single for AFC Soldiers.
Oakley started well, keeping the ball and tiring out their opponents early on. After 20 minutes of sustained pressure Oakley made the breakthrough, with Dan Bloma finishing on the half-turn after Matt Bonner’s pass. Oakley grabbed a second just before half time with Danny Costen on the end of Cian Condon’s great cross. In the second half Oakley quickly added two more goals to make it 4-0. The third came from Myles Englefield’s 20-yard effort following a pass from Eddie Lloyd, and the fourth a neat Bloma finish after a great pullback from Costen. Oakley dominated possession and added Bloma completed his hat-trick, latching onto the rebound of an Alex Catt effort. Oakley completed their scoring, Bloma's fourth, after a Condon assist. Hampshire Irons grabbed a consolation goal when Mickey Pemberton intercepted a pass from the Oakley defence to lob Oakley goalkeeper Sean O’Brien. Overall, a great performance from Oakley and superb finishing from Dan Bloma. Hampshire Irons were decidedly unfit and struggled. Rickard in goal did well to keep the score down to 6-1.
Republic of Chineham beat Eastrop Eagles 3-1, with the visitors’ consolation coming from Dan Davies after his return from America.
Jamie Hope, Ryan Wilkins and Nathlan Maggs netted for Kempshott to give the visitors a comfortable 0-3 lead at the interval in their Division 2 match at Shallow End. Kempshott netted 0-4 before the hosts got off the mark 1-4, but the visitors triumphed 1-10, goals from substitutes Tom Mitchell, James Hudson and Gideon Vallence, while Jamie Hope and Ryan Wilkins completed their hat-tricks.
Camrose Social’s bid for honours hit a setback in the shape of visitors UWS, who won 0-1 thanks to a Nathan Glasgow strike.
Chineham Athletic won their first match of the season with best of 9 goals against Basingstoke Saints. Simon Harrison and Joe Hodge scored braces and Paul Oliver a single in the 5-4 victory.
Chineham Reserves saw off Team FC 4-1, with a George Hallahan hat-trick and Scott Berry strike.
Overton United took an early lead 1-0 after 15 minutes, but Andy Parker made it 1-1 for North Warnborough Reserves on 40 minutes, but Kieron Fuller’s quick double strike completed a first-half hat-trick to give Overton a 3-1 half-time lead. Parker closed the gap to 3-2 as Boro took control of the second half. Tom Lucas levelled 3-3 on 60 minutes. Direct from a free kick, Nial Day made it 3-4 and from a corner Lucas crossed to Parker, who whacked in a volley to complete his hat-trick, 3-5 to North Warnborough Reserves.