Back to news

League News

Match Reports from Sunday 4th October

  • 17/10/15
  • By Tony Spencer
Football image

Judd's Brace sees Soldiers March on

Cobi Judd dummied the keeper to put Soldiers Return a goal ahead in their Hampshire Sunday Intermediate Cup opening round match against Sahara UK of the Aldershot League on Sunday. Jamie Galpin doubled the lead to 2-0 before half-time from a throw in. Sahara played well after the break and managed to pull a goal back with sustained pressure. However, thanks to a breakaway goal, Cobi Judd's second of the morning, made it 3-1 and the passage to round 2 secured for Soldiers Return.

Wheatsheaf disposed of visitors Andover Sports' challenge in short order, 6-2 the final result. Ollie Knox and Louis Vickery scored one each, Harry Rudge and Finley Hall braces, while Hall failed to complete his hat-trick with a miss from a couple of yards.

FC Everest visited Andover's Charlton Royals and found their hosts, struggling in the league, but in fine cup form. Charlton scored with each all their half chances, and were 3-0 half-time, during which period Everest were unable to mount a tangible threat to their goal. Prospects improved in the second half, with Everest playing better football and created a few chances to get back in the match. Unfortunately the Charlton keeper played a blinder, making several point blank saves, while James Ariss contrived to miss the target from two yards out, the match ending 4-0.

Dayers Fine Foods narrowly lost 3-4 to F.I.L.O. from Winchester. Dayers' goals came from a brace by Charlie Manning and a Jake Tanner strike.

FC Basing lost 0-2 to visitors Mucky Duck of Winchester.

Oakley enjoyed a rattling good cup tie, winning 5-4 against Andover's Pharmasol Appleshaw Sports. Dan Bloma logged another hat-trick, while Myles Englefield with a brace scored the winner.

Republic of Chineham triumphed 3-2 over Andover League side AFC Allbrook.

Hampshire Irons travelled to Havant to play Leigh Park WMC in the Hampshire Sunday Junior A Cup. The home side took an early lead, which Irons levelled with a Charles Henry header from Mike Pemberton's corner. The visitors then edged ahead 1-2, thanks to Alex Brundle finishing after a Mike Pemberton effort was saved. The last goal came in the 80th minute from Tom Chant, final score 1-3 to Hampshire Irons, their third successive victory.

Revolution beat Vernham Dean 4-2, their third home win on the trot.

The tie between Rushmoor Community of the Aldershot League and Chineham finished 4-4 at the end of open play, but the result went against Chineham 5-4 after a penalty shoot-out. Chineham's scorers were two for James Hanley, and one each for Kieron Alleyne and Shane West.

UWS comfortably beat visitors Bournemouth Sports 3-0.

Eastrop Eagles lost their away at BOSC, in Bordon, 4-0.

FC Benidorm of Stoke travelled to Waterlooville in their Hampshire Sunday Junior B Cup tie and were narrowly beaten 2-1 by Denmead. Tom Green scored the only reply, ably assisted by Tom Langley.

Unbeaten Bournemouth side Bearwood Broncos beat Camrose Social 4-1, the consolation goal coming from Richard Anthony. This was the first defeat of the season for Camrose.

Chineham Athletic paid a visit to the Welcome Stranger, the Andover Division 3 home side nursing a 100% record, and the visitors lost 2-0 to an own goal and a goal straight from a corner.

Several teams played league games instead of cup ties. In Division 1, Basingstoke Saints fell behind early, to a brace of goals from Tron's Richard McCoubrie in the first 12 minutes of play. Then Ryan Watts passed to Siyani Thomas to slide the ball in for 0-3 by the break. Tron eased further ahead on 60 minutes when Ryan Watts converted his solo run. Astrine West pulled one back for Saints, 1-4, while Saints were playing well for a spell towards the end but then were hit by confusion over a touchline decision by the Referee to play on, and Siyani Thomas buried Darren Hutchins' cross (and Saints' revival), 1-5 to Tron.

Affini Technology remain unbeaten in Division 2 after a strong performance at North Warnborough saw them comfortably 0-4 head at the interval. Warnborough made a few changes and played a much tighter game in the second half, although they were 0-5 down before they netted a consolation to finish 1-5. Affini's scorers were Matt Bennett, with a hat-trick and Dave Wilhurst a brace.

Bramley United dominated the first half at Team FC and had their noses in front 0-1 right up until the last 20 minutes. This was Team's first home game this season and they secured the points with three late goals, winning 3-1.

Chineham Reserves lost 0-3 to Division 3 leaders North Warnborough Reserves. It was a tough but fair game, with Ryan Pilley taking all three goals for the visitors. The season has started with five straight wins for North Warnborough Reserves, the last four matches away, a record which includes three clean sheets.