Back to news

League News

Match Reports from Sunday 15th March

  • 17/03/15
  • By Tony Spencer
Football image

First defeat for Everest

Division 1 leaders Republic of Chineham were held 0-0 by Basingstoke Saints until thirty seconds before the end of the first half on Sunday. The goal was a controversial one, as the ball appeared to be knocked out of the keeper’s hands, but the goal was allowed to stand. Saints suffered another blow when they conceded a second just after the break. There was no way back from that and the match finished 3-0. Other than conceding the goals, the match was a fairly even affair. The goals came from Dan Izzo, Adam Dimanbro and Joe Lawler. This was Republic of Chineham’s seventh win in a row and completed the league double over Basingstoke Saints.

Dayers Fine Foods were beaten 0-6 by Soldiers Return. The visitors took an early lead after just five minutes with Andrew Butler’s free kick into the box at the far post. Then Alex Izzo took the ball around the keeper to extend the lead to 0-2 before Butler fired in his second to take the lead to 0-3 at half-time. Jamie-Lee Galpin leaped on a parry from the keeper for 0-4 lead. In the final ten minutes Freddie Cloke shot from the edge of the box and Stuart Cubbage scored from a cross from the left. This takes the consecutive number of wins for Soldiers Return to six.

Tron saw off Kaiser Wessex with an 8-3 win. The home side's goals came from Nathan Rae and Giani Thomas with hat-tricks. Michael Moray added a single and Matthew Wilson fired in a wonder strike from 40 yards.

The shock result in Division 2 was Oakley Reserves winning 3-1 against leaders FC Everest. This was Everest’s first defeat in any competition this season, while Oakley Reserves are unbeaten at home in four matches.

Hampshire Irons were beaten 0-4 at home by Chineham, whose scorers were Ashley Ridyard, Shane West plus a brace from Kieron Alleyne.

North Warnborough Two’s match against New Inn was riven with controversy. Firstly, the home side were awarded a penalty but the Referee changed his mind before it could be taken. While the home side were still arguing about it, New Inn took the lead. The hosts drew level by half-time and took the lead shortly after the break. Then the away side were awarded another controversial
penalty, which they converted to draw level and scored the winner on the breakaway, finishing 2-3 to New Inn.

RAF Odiham Blades went down 3-5 to UWS.

AFC Golden Lion lost 1-4 against Division 3 leaders Eastrop Eagles. David Burt netted for Golden Lion, while Tom Kelly, Paul Adams and Anthony Wenrup with a brace for Eagles, completing their league treble over their hosts.

Tom Green netted for Chineham Reserves as they were beaten 1-2 by Team FC, another league treble for Team.

Despite their recent good form, DG Athletic crashed 0-4 against Chineham Athletic. This was not only a league treble for Athletic, it was their first win in six games.