Back to news

League News

Matchday Report for Saturday 30.11.2019

  • 01/12/19
  • By Brian Rowe
Football image

Matchday Report

Report for Week Ending Saturday 30.11.2019

Only four games survived the weather this week.

As leaders, Ramsey & Mistley 1st Team were without a game, the second, third, fourth and fifth placed teams were all looking to jump above the Ramsey side. Sporting Rebels who were second took on Stoke by Nayland who were sixth and claimed the points with a comfortable 8-3 victory, moving to the top of the table in the process. On the Sporting scoresheet were George Russell netting after just four minutes, Alfie Towsey on twelve minutes, and two minutes later Tommy Lee Morgan. Completing their first half scoring was Alfie Towsey on thirty-three minutes and Aarron Brown with a free kick on the stroke of half time. In the second half it was Alfie Towsey with his third of the match for his hat trick, Jason Powell and Sam Reeve.

Third placed Oyster Reserves hosting the fifth placed side Abbey Fields also took the points with a 4-2 victory, after leading 2-0 at the break. They now move into second spot. On their score sheet was Dominic Mosses with a brace and efforts from Ashley Jackson and Jack Eaglestone. Langham Lodgers who were fourth entertained Mersea Island Reserves running out the 3-1 victors with goals from Ross Richardson, Stephen Richardson and Daniel Stevens move into third, as the former leaders Ramsey & Mistley 1st Team drop to fourth. The Mersea consolation effort came from Josh Whiting.

The other game featured Ramsey & Mistley Reserves who were hosting Tiptree Engaine ‘A’, and it was the away side that took an early fifth minute lead when Edu Cardona-Alvarez shot home. They held onto this lead until the eighteenth minute when a speculative forty-yard shot from Peter Wilson sailed into the Tiptree nett to bring the match score level. Ramsey took the lead two minutes before the break via a Jimmy Morrison free kick that went under defensive wall, took a deflection, and ended up in the net. Ramsey went 3-1 up in the thirty eighth minute of the second period when Gary Merchant tapped home; but immediately after the restart they conceded a penalty which Charlie Beal slotted home for a 3-2 score line. There was still time however for another goal as on eighty-eight minutes Brian Seager headed home following a Tiptree defensive mix up for a final score line of 4-2 in the favour of Ramsey & Mistley Reserves.