Back to news

League News

Match Reports from Sunday 15th February

  • 18/02/15
  • By Tony Spencer
Football image

Everest setback at almighty Allbrook

FC Everest travelled to Winchester in the North Hants Chris Price Cup semi-final but lost out 2-1 to AFC Allbrook, who also have a 100% league record in Division 1 of their local league.

Tron proved far too powerful for their Division 1 hosts Basingstoke Saints. The home side's defence and midfield were already adversely affected by absent players and suffered a further blow by the loss of their keeper through aggravation of an existing injury after only ten minutes, which didn't help their cause at all. Tron's Jesse Todd filled his boots with a hat-trick, while Giani Thomas, Ross Cook and Dave Parry each added braces in a resounding 0-9 win for Tron.

League leaders Republic of Chineham enjoyed a big win too, a 10-1 victory over Dayers Fine Foods, giving them four wins on the trot.

Soldiers Return entertained Oakley and dominated the match throughout. Stu Cubbage opened the scoring from a header following a long throw into the box. Freddie Cloke also netted with his head, before adding another goal with a 25-yard left foot screamer. Alex Izzo made it 4-0 by half-time, leaving little doubt to the inevitable outcome. Early in the second half Soldiers tapped another nail in the coffin with an own goal arising from the confusion of another long throw. Myles Engelfield pulled one back for Oakley, giving them a glimmer of hope at 5-1. But Ellis Hauman finished emphatically from the edge of the area and Jamie-Lee Gulpin netted two more late on for Soldiers. This 8-1 victory completed a high-scoring league double over Oakley.

Chineham narrowly overcame Hampshire Irons in Division 2 by 3-2, with Kieron Alleyne, Matt Kempson and Shane West netting for the home side and Dave Brown and Alex Brundell replying for Hampshire Irons.

New Inn beat 4-0 North Warnborough Two with two of the goals coming from Tom Mole.

Division 3 completed all their scheduled fixtures this week, twelve games apiece. Mid-table sides Chineham Athletic and Chineham Reserves drew 1-1, with Ben Owen scoring for Athletic, Ryan Oates for the Reserves.

Bottom side DG Athletic were beaten 1-2 by Soldiers Return Reserves, who to come from behind. Liam Rump scored the lone home strike while Lewis Judd scored both for the visitors. It was a close game throughout, with DG going ahead 1-0 midway through the first half with a punt from the edge of the area. Judd squeezed in the equaliser from a header ten minutes before the interval 1-1. In the second half Judd fired in the winner following a breakaway as DG pressed for their own winner. Unfortunately, Sam Lochlan broke his leg during the match, holding up the game for ten minutes waiting for the ambulance. Our best wishes for a speedy recovery go out to him.

Second-place Team FC turned the tables on leaders Eastrop Eagles with a 6-2 victory, which is
Eagles' first league defeat this season.