Back to news

League News

Match Reports from Sunday 21st September

  • 23/09/14
  • By Tony Spencer
Football image

Lamb Rack Fine Foods

Within the opening fifteen minutes, Dayers Fine Foods knew they were in for a roasting as they struggled at home, with mistakes at the back against lively league leaders Lamb Inn on Sunday, writes Tony Spencer. By half-time Dayers were five goals down and could have taken a basting on the other side of the half. Dayers turned up the heat in the second half though they never quite came to the boil, with Dave Lee getting a consolation goal in the 1-6 defeat. Lamb Inn scorers included Carlos Gonzalez, Dean Hill, Ben Nicholls and Chis Smalley. Lamb dished out another roasting win and remain top of Division 1.

South View enjoyed the lion's share of possession in the opening half of their game at Republic of Chineham, with Myles Engelfield's goal taking them into a 0-1 half-time lead. The second half was a complete turn-around though, with Republic scoring three admittedly scrappy goals, from Wayne Finn, Matthew Bennett and Adam Di Manbro, to claim the points in a 3-1 comeback.

Oakley were trounced 2-6 at home to Tron, with the winners' goals from Charlie Palmer, Nathan Rae's brace, a Chris Morris penalty, and strikes from Dave Parry and Michael Flannery.

Kaiser Wessex travelled with an injury-hit squad to face in-form Soldiers Return and did themselves proud to hold on at 1-1 at the interval. They couldn't maintain parity, however, and faded in the second half, losing 7-1. Matt Love opened the scoring for Soldiers with a 25-yard shot finding the top corner. Ama Bhuller equalised for Kaiser, the sides level at half-time. Freddie Cloke put the home side ahead again with a header from a free kick by Warren Hill. The self same move brought forth fruit again when Hill's free kick located Jaimie Gilpin, to increase the lead on 60 minutes. Just three minutes later and Ellis Hauman had netted Soldiers Return's fourth. A solo effort from Gilpin on 75 minutes, with two goals from Andy Butler in the last ten minutes, the last a neat lob, buried Kaiser emphatically.

New Inn cracked in a baker's dozen, thirteen goals without reply, in their Division 2 match against travelling RAF Odiham Blades. Remarkably, the home side started with a bare eleven players only, and lost a player in the opening minutes to a hamstring injury; yet the ten men of New Inn had scored six goals by the halfway mark. They went on to score another seven, despite losing another player with a knee injury halfway through the half, finishing on 13-0. Brett Denham was the leading scorer, racking up seven strikes, Steven Bean knocked in four, with the final couple tucked away by Tom Skinner and Ollie Osbourne.

Chineham narrowly beat Oakley Reserves 3-2, with goals from Steve Emerson, Elliot Forsey and an own goal. Luke Kneller and Ben Irons netted in reply for Oakley Reserves.

Hampshire Irons soon found themselves two goals up at North Warnborough Two, with James Arnold getting the first after about ten seconds, before Ben Hasking increased their advantage from a free kick some 30 yards out. Trevor Rogers and Tom Davies, from the penalty spot, restored parity for the home side at 2-2, and before half-time Davies buried his second and Pete Keens had given North Warnborough Two a cushion of 4-2 ahead. In the second half, Andy Parker's brace completed the comeback, a memorable 6-2 win for North Warnborough Two.

UWS and FC Everest drew 1-1, maintaining the visitors' unbeaten record at the top of the table.

The showdown between the only two 100% Division 3 sides, Eastrop Eagles and Team FC, ended in a 7-2 win for the home side. Bobby Frost conjured up a perfect hat-trick, with both right and left boots and his head, while Keith Davies, Nathan Bennett, Kirk Smith and Stuart Murfitt completed the scoreline for Eagles.

Soldiers Return Reserves beat Chineham Reserves 7-4, after falling behind after just five minutes. Jay Wild equalised 1-1 with the first of his pair, and Joshua Rockingham put the home side ahead 2-1 after 30 minutes. Before half-time, Wild, Craig Willshire and Powell Durbot with two, had Soldiers holding an unassailable 6-1 lead at half-time. On 55 minutes, Durbot completed his hat-trick 7-1, before Chineham Reserves rallied with three late replies. Joe Marsh and Jimmie Buckland scoring braces for the visitors.

Basing United eased into second place in the table with an away win at Chineham Athletic with strikes from Matthew Nessing, Samson Graham and Leslie Pool. Ben Owen netted for Athletic in their 1-3 defeat.

The bottom two sides in Division 3 battled out a close encounter, with home side AFC Golden Lion pulling off a 4-3 victory to claim their first points of the campaign. Matthew Lowe, Matthew Spargo, James Dewdney and Luke Upton scored for the Lions. DG Athletic replied through Liam Rump, Alan Tippin, and an own goal.