Back to news

League News

Match Reports from Sunday 14th December

  • 16/12/14
  • By Tony Spencer
Football image
Football image
Football image

Talbot tamed by Chineham

Chineham travelled down to Bournemouth to face Talbot Rangers in the Hampshire Sunday Junior A Cup, on Sunday. Talbot Rangers play in the Bournemouth Hayward league and won four of their last five matches, scoring 14 goals without reply in their warm up to this cup tie. Chineham scored twice, once in each half, Tim Thompson in the first half and Keiron Alleyne in the second half, returning triumphant 1-2, in what turned out to be their first away win of the season.

Soldiers Return started off like an express train, away at Antons Arms of Andover in the Basingstoke Kelvin Cup, with Stuart Cubbage burying a tap-in in the first couple of minutes, to open the scoring. Then Spencer Champ powered in a header from a corner just minutes later. Antons Arms pulled one back before half-time 1-2. In the second half, however, Soldiers were well on top, with Kirby Judd restoring the two-goal cushion, before Nathan Chivers scored with another header. Jaimie-Lee Galpin and Alex Izzo added to the tally, so Soldiers were 1-6 ahead before Antons Arms pulled another goal back, 2-6 but left it far too late to affect the outcome.

Lamb Inn's fixture against Pharmasol Appleshaw Sports was called off when the visitors admitted they only had six players available.

Basingstoke Saints had on off-day at the office in Division 1 against Republic of Chineham. Sam O'Brien scored two, Dan Lawler added his brace, Mario Lemitzer, Adam Di Manbro and Matt Benner added singles to rack the score up to 0-7.

South View went down 2-4 at home to Tron, the visitors' scorers being Charlie Palmer, Ross Soper-Dyer and Nathan Rae. This was Tron's fourth win on the trot.

There were a couple of high scoring games in Division 2. Hampshire Irons were hit by an early goal after about nine minutes, with Andy Parker scoring a very good goal for North Warnborough Two. It was a competitive first half and Irons managed to level, 1-1, but just before half-time North Warnborough edged ahead again 1-2. In the second half the visitors dominated the game, with John Urquart netting, then Ryan Thorpe contributing a brace, Parker added his second and Josh Giffington came on as substitute to add two late goals to finish 1-7 in North Warnborough's favour.

UWS drew 6-6 with New Inn.

In Division 3 Chineham Athletic took on Soldiers Return Reserves for the second time this season. Dan Nicholson and Dale Hooper scored for Athletic, one each half, but they were 1-5 behind at half time. Josh Buckingham had opened Soldiers' scoring after only two minutes. By the interval Buckingham had completed his hat-trick and Andy Butler had added two. In the second half Butler completed his hat-trick, while Joe Allnutt and Lewis Judd added singles to take the final score to 2-8, completing Soldiers Return Reserves' double over Athletic.

Eastrop Eagles won 6-1 over Basing United, with Keith Davies, Tommy Black, Bobby Frost and Kirk Smith hat-trick for Eagles. Basing's goal was an own goal. That is three consecutive home wins for Eagles and revenge for earlier reverse against Basing.

Team FC and DG Athletic drew one goal apiece, with Liam Rumpt scoring. Team FC have built a nice run of eight games unbeaten, and this was only the second occasion points had been dropped at home. Meanwhile, DG Athletic have made a vast improvement in form, after a poor start to the season, they have picked up some sort of result in three of the last four games​.